Birth Certificates for Mexican Citizens



If you were born in Mexico and are now in the US, you may be able to get your birth certificate from a Mexican consulate in the US. For more information on getting a birth certificate from a Mexican consulate in the US click on Mexican Birth Certificates.

An executive action by President Obama last November provides for some undocumented immigrants in the US to apply for something called Deferred Action for Parents or DAPA.  If you had a US citizen or permanent resident child in the US by 11/20/2014 you may be able to apply for Deferred Action.  This is not an immigration status, but does provide protection from deportation for those who are eligible for it.  For more information on the requirements click on Deferred Action.

DACA Renewal


child immigrants

Reminder to those who have already applied for DACA, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. If your approved DACA application is expiring, you may request that it be renewed.  USCIS recommends that renewal applications be filed 120 days (four months) before your period of deferred action expires.   To determine whether you are eligible to file an application to renew DACA, and for information on how to apply go to:  Renew DACA.

Deferred Action Plan of Action

immig_parents_image (2)

Those who may be eligible for deferred action, either as the parent of a US citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) child, or as a child who entered the US before age 16, should continue collecting documents that help them prove that they were physically present in the US for five years before 1/1/2010. For more information on collecting documents for future deferred action applications go to : Deferred Action.  Please note that although it may be helpful to begin planning for deferred action, no applications my be filed until the regulations and application procedures are in place.

Drivers Licenses for Undocumented Immigrants in California

California state law now allows undocumented immigrants to apply for a state driver’s license.  Read more at CA Driver’s License.



Update on Cuba and US Immigration

As the US and Cuba begin a new chapter, changes in immigration law and policy are expected.  Click on US-Cuba for more information.