February 18, 2014: Are you married, or engaged,  to a US citizen?  If so you may be able to apply for a green card.  If you entered the US without documents, or you have overstayed the admission period on your I-94 Card, or you have violated the terms of your immigration status, you may be in a period of unlawful status. You may also need a waiver of unlawful presence in order to apply for a green card. USCIS began a new program last year that allows undocumented immigrants to file an application for a provisional waiver of unlawful presence while they are in the US. Read more about the program here.


For example, if you entered the US on student visa (F-1 or J-1), and are no longer enrolled in school full-time, you may be out of status.  If you are eligible to apply for this kind of waiver, and you are eligible to apply for a green card. this program would help you more quickly become a permanent resident (a green card holder).  For more information on the provisional waiver, or to schedule a consultation, contact us.

Immigration Benefits for Vets and Members of the Military


February 13, 2014 If you are serving in the US military, or have previously served, your undocumented spouse, child, or parent may be helped by a policy recently announced by the Immigration Service. Your relatives may be able to receive permission to stay temporarily in the US. In some cases relatives may be able to apply for a green card. Click on this link for more information and contact our office if you would like to schedule an appointment to discuss this change in the law.

Immigration Scams

AILA’s StopNotarioFraud.org website recently launched a mobile site for those searching on the go. Making resources available to consumers is one of the most powerful tools in the fight against immigration fraud and the spread of the unauthorized practice of law.

International Students Beware of Unaccredited Schools

In light of the recent events at the University of Northern Virginia, we have posted an article on the status violations for international students.  In an era of enforcement, students should be weary of schools that promise benefits beyond those authorized by the DHS Student and Exchange Visitor Program.

“How do I ” guides

USCIS provides “How do I” guides on common immigration questions. http://tinyurl.com/l2l39k8