Fiance(e) Visa Update

May 20, 2014: If you entered the US on a K-1, fiance(e) Visa, and have not yet married your US citizen sponsor, read this update. When you enter the US on a fiance(e) visa, you have 90 days to marry the finance(e) who sponsored you.  If you do marry your sponsoring fiance(e) more than 90 days after you enter the US, you may have other options to proceed with filing your green card.  If you delay too long however, the Immigration Service may begin deportation proceedings and require you to appear in immigration court.  If you do not marry the fiance who sponsored you, but you do marry another US citizen or permanent residence, you should consult an immigration lawyer about how best to proceed.