Applying for a Green Card of Fiance(e) Visa at a US Embassy?



Four Tips for Working with the National Visa Center (NVC)

The NVC processes applications before they sent to a US Embassy abroad.  It processes green card applications and applications for fiance(e) visas. Once the NVC has received the correct fees, forms and documents, it sends the file to a US Embassy for a visa interview.  You will find helpful information in working with the NVC below.

1.NVC Website

Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions at:

FAQ’s in English  or FAQ’s in Spanish


2. Documents

Send copies of documents NOT the original documents to the NVC.  This includes birth certificates. The green card applicant must bring the original documents to the visa interview.


3. Mailing Documents to the NVC

Mail all document sin one envelope and include the cover sheet provided by the NVC in this envelope.


4. US Embassy Website

After scheduling a green card interview appointment, visit the US Embassy website for the embassy where you will be interviewed. The website will include the most recent information on the required medical appointment and processing fees required by the embassy.