• What is Two-Year (Conditional) Residence?

    April 9, 2014: What is a Two-Year Green Card? There is an important difference between conditional residence and permanent residence. When you receive a green card based on marriage to a US citizen, in most cases, you receive conditional residence. This means that you and your US citizen spouse will need to file papers to remove this condition from your card within two years of the date that your green card was approved. This is different from permanent residence, or a green card not based on ma…

    Read More

  • Immigration Benefits for Vets and Members of the Military

    If you are serving in the US military, or have previously served, your undocumented spouse, child, or parent may be helped by a policy recently announced by the Immigration Service. Your relatives may be able to receive permission to stay temporarily in the US. In some cases, relatives may be able to apply for a green card. Click on this link for more information and contact our office if you would like to schedule an appointment to discuss this change in the law.…

    Read More

  • International Students Beware of Unaccredited Schools

    In light of the recent events at the University of Northern Virginia, we have posted an article on the status violations for international students. In an era of enforcement, students should be weary of schools that promise benefits beyond those authorized by the DHS Student and Exchange Visitor Program.…

    Read More